The conference at the Energy Now Expo Ireland will focus on the latest developments from the Irish renewable energy sector. Key industry figures will discuss current government policy, including the subsidies currently available, as well as the opportunities available to the agricultural and rural communities and the benefits a well-chosen renewable energy system can offer, including an increase in income, decrease in energy bills and a reduction in carbon emissions.
James Murphy, IFA
Barry Caslin, Teagasc
• Government targets, policy and subsidies
• Energy management – reduce then generate
• Biomass technology and fuel options
• Financing your renewable energy system
• Onfarm case studies – a look at the benefits and challenges
• Biomass CHP – is it for you?
• Developing a robust planning application
• Heat pumps – sources of heat and system options
• A guide to exporting the power produced
• Establishing the basic feasibility of a hydropower scheme
• Why should you invest in renewable energy?
• The legal ramifications of a renewable energy system
• Developer and landowner case study
• Moving Ireland to a decarbonised energy system
• Roof top PV, including autoconsumption technology
• Practical and financial guidance on developing a biogas plant
• Feedstock options & effective digestate management
• Living with Biogas – a farmer’s view
• Installing a PV system – requirements and power applications
• Solar farm development – the benefits & challenges
• Fuel quality, storage techniques and sustainability requirements
• District Heating - Heating multiple dwellings
• Effective energy management
• A practical guide for farmers and landowners on the opportunities, the risks and rewards for battery storage
• The Future of Grid Services and the role of energy storage
We anticipate the full programme will be released by the end of August.